This course is unlike any other; delegates will find a practical programme, full of step by step guidance, and with a sharp business focus. The highly innovative format and content is designed to engage and inspire delegates – critical to getting essential health and safety messages across.
Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Managing Safely certificate, a nationally recognised and respected training accreditation for managers and supervisors. The training is designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for health and safety professionals.
Managing Safely won’t turn delegates into safety experts – but it will give them the knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they’re responsible for. Importantly, it brings home just why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
What you will learn
- Apply basic management principles and practices to health and safety issues as part of a total management strategy
- Set achievable health and safety objectives as well as plan and implement courses of action to achieve those objectives
- Recognise health and safety hazards present in the workplace
- Carry out and record basic assessments of the risks associated with workplace hazards, and recommend suitable control measures
- Take account of risks arising from ergonomic factors
- Ensure that adequate information, training and supervision is provided for employees
- Investigate an accident or incident involving injury or damage to determine the causes and take appropriate actions