“Feedback” means detailed information you provide about Training Providers and the services they have delivered to you.
“Partners” means those organisations with which we have an established partnership.
“Personal Information” means any information, which identifies you as an individual or from which you could be identified by a third party. It also includes anonymous information about your computer and your visits to coursecheck.com
“Public Feedback” means overall comments and ratings that you agree to us making public on our Website
“Reviewer” means you, the person leaving feedback about the service provided by your Training Provider
“The Data Protection Act” means The Data Protection Act 1998 and any subsequent amendments to it including the rights and obligations as set out in the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
“Training Provider” means the organisation that has provided training services to you.
“we”, “our”, “us” means Coursecheck Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales (No. 08324937) and having its registered office at Yew Tree House, Lewes Road, Forest Row RH18 5AA.
“Website” means the website at www.coursecheck.com and any other web sites owned by Coursecheck Ltd.
“you”, “your” includes anyone you represent and on whose behalf you provide information to us. This includes any person, firm, company, unincorporated association or any other legal entity.
We are committed to ensuring that Feedback and Personal Information provided by you, is securely held and we only hold data that is essential to the provision of our service.
Coursecheck Ltd is listed with the Information Commissioner's Office on the Data Protection Public Register with registration number ZA056850.
3. What Information do we collect?
We collect the following kinds of Information:
- Personal Information that you provide when submitting Feedback.
- Feedback that you give about the training you have received.
- Anonymous Information about your computer and your visits to our Website including your computer’s IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, number of page views and information about how you navigate around our Website.
4. Why we collect information and how we use it
We collect Personal Information to help us ensure the integrity of the Feedback on our Website; and also to share with your Training Provider so that they can communicate with you if necessary to discuss your Feedback.
Personal information submitted to us via our Website will be used strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We will never publish any Personal Information on the public areas of our Website other than your first name and the initial of your surname without your prior explicit consent.
By submitting Feedback, you acknowledge and agree that we may use your Personal Information to:
- Send you a confirmation email after you have submitted your Feedback.
- Inform you if your Training Provider has responded to comments in your Feedback
- Send you requests for additional feedback if we are requested to do so by your Training Provider
- Respond to enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Website.
We collect Feedback and share it with Training Providers to help them improve their services and promote their services. To do this, we display Public Feedback on the public area of our Website and in aggregated form on the websites of Training Providers and our Partners.
When submitting Feedback, you have the option to specify that it should not be made public. If you specify that it can be made public but later wish to remove it from public view, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly action your request.
Four years after the date on which you submitted your feedback, we will delete any information that could be used to identify you and retain only your Feedback together with your first name and the first letter of your surname.
5. Your Rights
You have the right to view, amend or delete the Personal Information we hold about you, free of charge, and can request any of these actions by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will endeavour to respond promptly to all such requests and in any event, within the statutory time limits. However, in order to fulfil any such requests, we may need you to provide us with information to enable us to confirm your identity.
6. Storage and Security
We will keep all Personal Information about you on our secure servers and will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Information.
In the event of any incident that we become aware of, that results in any unauthorised access to your Personal Information, we will promptly inform you using contact information with which you have provided us.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personal Information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personal Information.
Last updated: May 2018