If you're an instructor collecting feedback at the end of a course, here's what you need to know
- Before the last day of the course, make sure you know the 6 character event code for your course. This may be given to you by your Coursecheck administrator; or if you have a Coursecheck account, you can log in and find it in the “My schedule” menu option. Learners use the code to gain access to the course evaluation form and leave their feedback. If you're running an online course, then instead of the code, you could use the full survey link, which you can put in the chat feature of whatever technology platform you're using to deliver the course.
- As part of your introduction on the last day of the course, make the delegates aware that you’ll be asking them for their feedback at the end.
- When the time comes, introduce the feedback as the final exercise of the day and reassure them that it will only take a few minutes. Explain that you use an independent online survey system and they can leave feedback using their mobile phone, tablet or laptop.
- If they're in a classroom, ask them to go to Coursecheck.com and click on the “Leave Feedback” button at the top of the home page. While they’re doing that, write the event code on the whiteboard or flip chart. If you're running an online course, then your training system may allow you to copy and paste the survey link straight into the chat box so that Learners can simply click on the link to get started.
- Whilst Learners are leaving their feedback:
- Make the point that the feedback they provide is genuinely important to the business and that you appreciate them taking the time to provide it.
- Emphasise that you want them to be open and honest as it’s only by getting detailed feedback that the company knows what’s working well and what could be better.
- If you're using the Coursecheck marketing module, explain that with their permission, their general comments and overall rating will be visible on Coursecheck.com but all other feedback will only be visible to you, the training provider.
- Reassure them that the system is fully GDPR compliant and that the information they provide will not be misused.
- Thank them.
- If you want to see the feedback that’s been submitted about your course, then ask your Coursecheck administrator for a report, or log in to your Coursecheck account.
Frequently Asked Questions (by Learners to Instructors)
Will all my feedback be made public?
No. With your consent, your general comments and overall rating will be made public but your responses to other questions will only be visible to us (the training provider).
Will I be identifiable?
If you consent to your review being made public, you will be identified only by your first name and Initial. Your full name will only be visible to us. Note that depending on how Coursecheck has been configured, Learners may also have an option to remain anonymous.
Is Coursecheck GDPR-compliant?
Yes. Coursecheck is registered under the Data Protection Act with licence No. ZA056850.
How will the information I provide, be used?
Your feedback and any personal Information you provide will be shared with us and no one else.