If you're an instructor collecting feedback at the end of a course, here's what you need to know
Before the end of a course
- Before the end of a course, make sure you know the Coursecheck event code. You can get this from your Coursecheck administrator; or if you have a Coursecheck account, you can find it in the “My schedule” menu option. Alternatively, if you're running an online course, then it's better to use the full survey URL which includes the event code.
- At some point in the day, tell your learners that you’ll be asking them for their feedback at the end of the course.
At the end of the course
- Introduce Feedback Collection as a group activity and reassure Learners that it will only take a few minutes to complete. Explain that Coursecheck is an independent online survey system and they can leave feedback using their mobile phone, tablet or laptop.
- If they're in a classroom, ask them to go to coursecheck.com and click on the “Leave Feedback” button using the Event code which you can put on the whiteboard or flip chart. For virtual courses, it's better to use the full survey link which you can share via the Chat facility of whatever platform you're using to host the event.
- Points to make to Learners
- Explain that the feedback they provide is genuinely important to the business and that you appreciate them taking the time to provide it.
- Emphasise that you want them to be open and honest as it’s only by getting detailed feedback that the company knows what’s working well and what could be better.
- If you're using the Coursecheck marketing module, explain that with their permission, their general comments and overall rating will be visible on Coursecheck.com but all other feedback will only be visible to you, the training provider.
- Reassure them that the system is fully GDPR compliant and that the information they provide will not be misused.
- Thank them.
Reading the feedback that's been left by Learners
If you have a Coursecheck account, you can view Event reports to read feedback about the courses you've delivered. You can also choose to receive automated comment summary reports and negative feedback alerts delivered to your inbox. If you don't have an account, ask your Coursecheck administrator to send you a PDF report.
FAQs from Learners
Is all feedback made public?
Subject to the Learners consent, general comments and overall rating are made public but responses to other questions will only be visible to the training provider.
Will Learners be identifiable?
If Learners consent to their reviews being made public, they are identified only by their first name and Initial. Their full name is only be visible to the training provider. Note that depending on how Coursecheck has been configured, Learners may also have an option to remain anonymous.
Is Coursecheck GDPR-compliant?
Yes. Coursecheck is registered under the Data Protection Act with licence No. ZA056850.
How will the information I provide, be used?
Your feedback and any personal Information you provide will be shared with us and no one else.