The practical Accurate Written Communication virtual workshop is facilitated live by one of our expert accuracy skills Consultants, and combines the benefits of online accessibility with the ability for participants to practise our proven accuracy techniques on their keyboards, using a specially prepared e-Participant Manual.
The virtual workshop is based on the established Accurate Written Communication face-to-face delivered programme, which consistently delivers an average group reduction in errors of 50-60%. Early indications show that the virtual workshop participants achieve the same level of measured improvement as a result of the training. It's hands-on practical training for people who write, check and send printed documents and emails as part of their day-to-day work.
The virtual workshop objectives are to:
- Measurably improve the effectiveness and accuracy of written work
- Increase attention to detail and ‘present-mindedness’
- Understand and use techniques for writing accurate, clear and concise communication
- Devise a checklist for checking written work effectively.
This virtual workshop is delivered in-house with a group of your own people. For the virtual workshop participants need to feel comfortable sharing examples of the mistakes they have made at work. That's why this virtual workshop training is in-house and not open to everyone. We respect the confidential nature of the examples given.
What you will learn
The Accurate Written Communication virtual workshop is delivered over two consecutive mornings or afternoons. During the workshop participants are engaged in practical activities using letters, emails, reports, marketing literature and social media posts. They learn to apply a structured checking approach to a range of materials, including their own, to prevent mistakes, omissions and miscommunication.
Benefits of the virtual workshop:
At Scott Bradbury we are believers in the power of face-to-face delivery. However, online facilitation does provide new opportunities to enhance the value and accessibility of the learning.
There are three big benefits of the virtual workshop over the face-to-face delivery:
- Added flexibility - your people can participate from any location, whether that is from home or your different corporate offices, nationally and globally (we can be flexible on timings, allowing for international time zones)
- Extra Trainer Time for Preparation and Review - your people are helped to prepare for the workshop properly (in the Essential Workshop Preview) and they review it thoroughly (in the Essential Workshop Review)
- Additional resources - your people have access to online video-based and skills testing resources to sustain performance improvements and keep the accuracy messages front-of-mind. They encourage transfer of learning from the workshop to the workplace.