This FGM, Forced Marriage, and Honour-Based Violence Awareness online training has been designed to provide learners with a cultural and practical knowledge of honour-based violence, female genital mutilation, and forced marriage. Learners will become fully aware of how they can take action to help prevent these abuses if they are concerned that someone they know is at risk. They will also discover the availability of organisations who are available to help by giving advice and assistance to front line workers and victims.
What you will learn
By the end of the session learners will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of:
• what violence against women is, and specifically what FGM, honour-based violence, and forced marriage are.
• the best practice for handling honour-based violence, FGM, and forced marriage.
• the attitudes that prevent these practices from being abolished.
• the potential warning signals that indicate FGM or honour-based violence could be about to occur.
• the legislation surrounding FGM, forced marriages and honour-based violence.
• what support is in place for victims or potential victims as well as front line workers.