This course is designed to provide Participants with a solid foundation upon which to build skills in using Microsoft Visio. It is currently delivered virtually as 4 x 2-hour sessions over 2 days.
Participants will learn the fundamentals of working with Visio through the many practical exercises in the course. Participants will create Process Flow Diagrams, Swimlanes, Flowcharts, Organisation Charts Gantt Charts and apply this knowledge to any other type of Diagram. Joe O’Connor is a Certified Microsoft Master Instructor.
Learn by doing – in additional to the formal presentations from Trigraph, attendees will benefit by using the MS Visio software itself on their own dedicated PC / Laptop. They will build their own diagrams.
All of our trainers are highly skilled project management professionals with formal Microsoft certification.
The training materials are fully owned by Trigraph which means we have full flexibility to tailor the content to suit particular client requirements.
- Visio Introduction
- About Visio • Business Drawings • Sample Visio Drawings
- Getting Started with Visio
- Starting Visio • About Visio Solutions • Visio Screen Layout • Wizards • About Starting a Drawing • Tabs • Ribbon Options • Undoing a Command • Dialogue Boxes • Exiting from Visio
- File Operations
- Saving Drawings • Closing Drawings • Opening Drawings • Finding Files
- Working with Shapes
- Placing Shapes • Resizing Shapes • Moving Shapes • Copying Shapes • Arranging Shapes • Aligning Shapes • Distributing Shapes • Grouping Shapes
- Using the Drawing Tools
- Using Visio Drawing Tools • Rotating and Flipping Shapes • Formatting Shapes • Adding Colour
- Working with Stencils and Text
- Docked and Floating Stencils • Connecting Shapes • Dynamic Glue • Adding and Editing Text • Adding Text to Drawings • Zooming In and Out • Panning
- Using Styles
- Multiple Page Diagrams
- Inserting New Pages • Deleting Pages • Renaming Pages • Reordering Pages • Linking Shapes • Hyperlinking
- Finishing a Diagram
- Spell Checking a Page • Inserting Fields • Using Print Preview • Printing a Diagram
- Creating Flowchart Diagrams
- Creating Cross Functional (Swim Lanes) Flowcharting
- Creating Organisation Charts
- Creating Gantt Charts
It is assumed that you can bring your own laptop to the course with MS Visio installed.
Users with a basic understanding of MS Visio who want to consolidate and expand on their knowledge of the basic features in a short space of time.
A working knowledge of using PCs, Windows, gained from the workplace or by prior attendance on a course.
What you will learn
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Get Started with Visio
- Use File Operations
- Work with Shapes
- Use the Drawing Tools
- Work with Stencils and Text
- Use Styles
- Manage Multiple Page Diagrams
- How to Finish a Diagram
- Create Flowchart Diagrams
- Create Cross Functional (Swimlanes) Flowcharting
- Create Organisation Charts
- Create Gantt Charts