The NHSS 12D T6 RLTMO Registered Traffic Management Operative is designed for all Registered Traffic Management Operatives (RTMO) as described in Sector Scheme Document 12D who wish to become a Registered Lead Traffic Management Operative (RLTMO).
The course aims to provide learners with the necessary underpinning technical knowledge and skill to supervise a gang or gangs (as appropriate).
What you will learn
On completion of the session learners will:
- Have a working knowledge of National Highway Sector Schemes
- Realise the importance and relevance of health & safety at work
- Have a working knowledge of the relevant codes of practice and other associated documentation when involved in traffic management
- Provide evidence that they understand the differences between Chapter and the Safety at Street Works and Road Works (red book) and how these apply
- Understand the risk assessment process and be able to carry out risk assessments & method statements on works involving traffic management
- Be able to demonstrate their knowledge of their Supervisory responsible the highway
- Be able to monitor site and recommend action as condition change
- Be able ascertain when management intervention is required