- Chief officers and company directors.
- Managers and executives.
- Those who wish to examine the ways in which financial statements and other financial information may improve the quality of decision making.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The nature and significance of appraising long-term investments.
- How to use a range of investment appraisal techniques to assess and compare projects.
- The advantages and limitations of each method.
- The nature of a limited company.
- The main external sources of finance available to limited companies, and their characteristics.
- The role of a stock exchange.
- The reporting requirements placed upon the directors of a company.
- The main elements of working capital.
- The purpose of working capital and the nature of the working capital cycle.
- The importance of establishing policies for the control of working capital.
- The factors that have to be taken into account when managing each element of working capital.