Learn to use trading and hedging to profit from, and protect against, oil market movements. Setting the scene for oil trading, this training course examines markets, pricing and products to provide participants with a thorough overview of the sector. This course will explore mechanisms and tools for both physical and financial oil trading allowing unparalleled access to the world of trading, its role within the oil industry and its importance in the success of oil companies.
Participants will leave this course with a thorough understanding of the workings of crude oil markets and the range of contracts, tools and techniques available to traders.
What you will learn
- Supply and demand: fundamentals and implications
- Crude evaluation and selection
- Physical markets, pricing & price exposure
- An introduction to brent
- Oil trading and jargon
- Hedging instruments: forward & futures
- Oil refining
- International product trade flows and transport
- Trading: options and risk management strategies
- Dated Brent and the 21 Day BFO market & CFD’s
- Market reporting and price assessment
- Management issues