A significant aspect of any manager or supervisor’s job is to manage people.
People management is an on-going activity that can motivate personnel and encourage better performance.
Without the necessary / appropriate skills, this can be a real challenge for many managers.
This course addresses key aspects of people management, with a particular focus on practical guidelines.
A variety of training methods are used on this course, including group discussion, trainer presentations, skills practice, group exercises, role play and case studies. These will assist participants to learn and understand the leadership principles, tools and techniques discussed during the course, and to help them start to put these into practice in the safety of the training environment
This course is suitable for anyone involved in supervising, developing and motivating personnel. It is also suitable for anyone looking to increase their awareness of management techniques and who wants to drive continuous performance improvement.
Please note that In-House courses can be tailored to meet your specific needs. The content outlined above is a typical content for a 1 or 2 day standard course.
Daily delivery fee for the standard course (as outlined above) at your venue, where up to 14 delegates can attend is €1650.
This fee assumes Dublin location - but the course can be delivered anywhere.
Additional cost may apply for delivery outside Dublin - please check with us for details.
Additional cost may apply for tailored course content - please contact us for details.
What you will learn
On completion, delegates will be enabled to:
- Differentiate between people management and leadership
- Use their improved communications skills to help them achieve better outcomes
- Have more confidence in dealing with people
- Manage performance - including defining goals for team members and helping them attain these goals
- Delegate effectively
- Motivate team members, using a variety of motivation techniques, to help improve performance
- Use coaching techniques (including questioning, active listening and feedback) to guide team members work.