A transformational four-day Leadership event over six months for anyone with line management responsibility.Would you like to be the type of manager that people want to work for, who enables a highly productive team in a positive and supportive work environment?In this four-day programme over six months at Happy’s training centre in London, you will gain personal insight and develop practical leadership and management skills to create a high performing team. You will develop your coaching skills and how to put your people at the heart of what you do.The next available public groups on the programme start on the 26th March and 17th July. Please click here to view the full list of dates for both groups.
What you will learn
A happy workplace leads to greater productivity and tangible business results. This programme is about placing people at the heart of what you do.Based upon our own practical experience at Happy and learning from some of the world’s great workplaces (like Google and WL Gore), it will enable you to become a leader that people would choose to be led by. It will give you the personal insight and practical leadership skills to create a high performing team. This programme is for anyone with line management responsibility. It is a unique opportunity to self-reflect, change behaviour and adopt new ways of working.
- Become a credible leader that inspires trust
- Understand what enables people to work at their best
- High performing teams working to their strengths and to a common goal
- An agile and responsive team, working within clear values and principles
- Greater trust an autonomy for your people
- High levels of accountability within the team, enabling them to deliver high quality on time
- A more engaged and motivated team
- Greater innovation and greater productivity
- Practical skills that you will be able to transfer to your workplace
- Raise the level of happiness within your teamTimetable
Day One: All about You as a Leader
Day one of the Happy Workplace Leadership Programme is all about you and your leadership style, it is about how to bring out the best in you and others, whilst being authentic. You will be excited about your role as a leader, have the space and opportunity to self-reflect in order to work successfully with your team.
- The core of an effective culture – why put people at the heart of what you do?
- Identify who you are as a leader and your leadership attitudes and skills
- Find a buddy to work with, to support, and to hold to account for actions through the programme
- Build trust and credibility within your team and your organisation through a ‘to be’ list
- Reflect on your feedback from your team re your leadership style (based on the pre-programme preparation)
- Develop your emotional intelligence, through self-awareness and self-reflection
- Using your pre-programme preparation, understand your communication style, how to adapt it to work successfully with others
- Learn the skills to become a multiplier of your people’s talents
- Introduce the Happy Workplace planner and on-line portal – to help you build positive habits
Day Two: Practical Skills for You as a Leader
Day two of the programme is all about learning and applying the tools you need as a leader to help your team feel motivated, empowered and valued. You will achieve this by understanding the benefits of successful 1 to 1’s, as well as through a series of practical exercises based around active listening, coaching your people to success, and providing positive and constructive feedback.
- Effective 1 to 1’s – what are they, why do them, who sets the agenda, what should you discuss?
- Listening to understand rather than be understood – how to do this mindfully with the aim of valuing the other person
- The core of great leadership: coaching your team to success by empowering them to discover their own solutions
- Your role as coach and understanding what works and what doesn’t
- Why, and how, to use TED invitations to develop your coaching skills
- Practice coaching and being coached
- The benefits and steps to providing positive feedback
- How to prepare, behave and present yourself assertively when giving feedback
- The cycle of conflict – understanding how to break this
- Understand the feedback triangle and how to have courageous conversations
Day Three: Freedom Within Guidelines
Day three of the Happy Workplace Leadership Programme is all about understanding and applying a culture of autonomy and job ownership enabling and empowering your team to be the best they can be. A key part of this is learning about your strengths and how they enable you as a leader, as well as giving you a tool to discover the strengths of your people.
- Working adult to adult – understanding transactional analysis, the effect it has on your relationships and within the workplace
- Who makes the decisions currently and what might you change about this?
- Enable trust and autonomy within clear guidelines to create true job ownership
- Be open and transparent in the information you share – what is off limits to staff?
- Discover the difference between accountability and responsibility
- Review your delegation habits and understand the key steps to delegating successfully
- Identify what stops you delegating and challenge these behaviours
- Pre-approval – what is it, what are the benefits of it and how to implement it?
- Using your online questionnaire results, understand your strengths and how well you are currently using them in your role
- Discover the four domains of leadership strength
- Review how well you know your team’s strengths and how much they are using them in their roles
Day Four: Setting You and Your Team up to Succeed
The last day of the leadership programme is all about opening up your thinking and being more innovative in the future. It will provide the space and opportunity to reflect on your leadership journey through this programme and recap what you have learnt and actioned. It will enable you to create a leadership purpose and vision that will inspire you to embed the changes and build the habits you want to adopt to transform you and your team.
- Triggering innovative working and creative thinking through brainstorming, rapid prototyping and celebrating mistakes
- Reflect on your new feedback from your team re your leadership style (based on the online questionnaire between day three and four)
- A reflective journey – recap and summary of what has been covered, what you have applied and transformed, and what your challenges areIdentify what you might adapt so it works for you, your team and your organisation
- Understand and learn the process of building sustainable habits and changing behaviours long term, to embed the learning and create real actionIdentify your leadership purpose and vision for yourself and your team
- Draw up a personal, practical action plan beyond the programme