Learn how to confidently facilitate an appraisal meeting that leaves the appraisee feeling positive and empowered with this one-day training course.
What you will learn
- What empowers people to work at their best
- The five key elements of active listening
- How to use coaching questions to get the best out of your people
- The difference between constructive and destructive feedback
- The key steps to providing constructive and positive feedback clearly
- What stops you giving feedback and the impact this can have
- Preparing yourself to respond well to feedback from others
- Understand what is needed for a quality appraisal
- The benefits you gain as a manager when you appraise effectively
- The three key stages of an appraisal plus the benefits of each stage
- The importance of advance preparation
- Setting measurable short and long term objectives with clear accountabilities whilst maintaining your people’s sense of job ownership
- You will also develop your own personal action plan beyond the programme.