Develop your managerial skills to reach your full potential
Organisations that invest in management development reap the benefits such as high performing teams who welcome responsibility and are adaptable and are responsive to changing business priorities. But this requires managers who are able to effectively lead and motivate their teams.
A confident first-line manager who can tackle the demands of the role professionally minimises the strain on their own manager and acts as a good role model to team members. Developing and growing into a great manager however, takes time and practice.
- Achieve the companies objectives through the performance of your team
- Develop your team through delegation
- Build the confidence to tackle the demands of a first-line managerial role
- Increase personal communication skills
- Learn to manage change effectively
Those who have attended Management Essentials Part 1 or more experienced Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders who require development in coaching and support sessions, or in handling the challenges of change.
What you will learn
This second part of our Management Essentials programme continues the management development process and is designed to reinforce and strengthen existing skills learned in the first phase of this training programme. Part two reviews, extends and builds upon previous learning and applies it to new scenarios and challenges managers may be facing.
You will leave this course able to:
- Focus on the key development needs of each member of your team and encourage ownership of their own Personal Development Plan
- Identify needs and opportunities to improve performance through coaching
- Use delegation as a tool to develop members of your team
- Confidently and assertively address performance issues
- Introduce change successfully by applying a systematic approach and encourage acceptance and commitment by addressing the psychological needs of the team
- Prioritise and achieve a balance of work and managerial responsibilities
- Analyse problems and provide short and long term solutions