- HR managers and executives
- Heads of HR functions
- HR business partners and advisors
- HR professionals and practitioners
- Senior HR officers and assistants who wish to understand and contribute to the development and implementation of HRM within their organisations.
- Small-business owners and managers responsible for the people function within their organisations.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The multiple meanings of HRM, the relationship between strategy and HRM, and the value of seeing strategy in terms of multiple stakeholders.
- The principal theoretical frameworks used in HRM – the universalist high-commitment paradigm, the contingency best-fit approach and the resource-based view of the firm.
- The distinctive roles played by HR professionals and line managers, as well as the alternative forms of HR service delivery through external consultants and shared service operations.
- The concept of leadership – whether it is different from management or not.