- Chief Communications Officers
- Marketing and communications directors, managers, executives and staff.
- Those who wish to understand how brands create communications and engage audiences in brand conversations.
- Those employed by governmental, charitable, other not-for-profit and third-sector organisations who need to communicate with a range of stakeholders.
- Those who wish to develop insights into the reasoning behind the marketing communications activities used by organisations.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The nature and characteristics of public relations.
- The main audiences to which public relations activitiesare directed.
- The role of public relations in the communications mix.
- Ways in which public relations works.
- Some of the main methods and approaches used bypublic relations.
- The nature and context of crisis management.