- Accounting and financial specialists, professionals, practitioners and policy makers employed within national, state/provincial and local governments; government ministries, departments, programs, boards, commissions, and agencies; public sector social security funds, trusts, and statutory authorities; and International governmental organisations.
- Accounting and finance staff of public sector entities that intend to embrace IPSAS, and thereby upgrade the reporting, the accountability and the transparency of their organisations.
- Public administrators encountering important challenges in reducing the distance between accounting systems within countries as well as across borders, through a move towards harmonisation of accounting practices in the public sector.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The role and history of IPSASB.
- The scope of accrual-based IPSAS.
- What is prescribed in the suite of IPSAS for accrual basis accounting.
- The options accrual-based IPSAS provides for the measurement and recognition for each of the standards.
- Some of the key practical implementation issues when preparing IPSAS-compliant financial statements.
- The options that are provided within IPSAS when determining key accounting policy issues.
- What is prescribed in cash-basis IPSAS.
- How to prepare a transition to cash-basis IPSAS or to accrual-based IPSAS.