A solid foundation in counselling skills is required to enter the field of Counselling. This in depth course will provide you with person-centred counselling skills integrated with Egan's "The Skilled Helper" model. Additionally it offers more in depth study leading to better understanding by examining various counselling models and the history behind them.
What you will learn
- evaluation of Egan’s model to various client groups
- exploration of different models of clinical and pastoral counselling
- demonstration of core qualities to clients
- demonstration of counselling skills for client focused activities
- assessment of the potential of workplace setting for client support