This course covers OSHA policies, procedures, and standards, as well as general industry safety and health principles. Upon successful course completion, the student will receive an OSHA general industry safety and health 30-hour course completion card. The 30-hour course is five days of training.
What you will learn
- Introduction to OSHA – 2 Hours.
- Managing Safety and Health – 2 hours. May include Injury and Illness Prevention Programs, job site inspections, accident prevention programs, management commitment and employee involvement, worksite analysis, hazard prevention and control, accident investigations, how to conduct safety meetings, and supervisory communication.
- Walking and Working Surfaces, including fall protection – 1 hour.
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection – 2 hours.
- Electrical – 2 hours.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – 1 hour.
- Materials Handling – 2 hours.
- h) Hazard Communication – 1 hour.
Elective - 10 hours
- Hazardous Materials (Flammable and Combustible Liquids, Spray Finishing, Compressed Gases, Dipping and Coating Operations)
- Permit-Required Confined Spaces
- Lockout / Tagout
- Machine Guarding
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Fall Protection
- Safety and Health Programs
- Powered Industrial Vehicles