Effective risk management can bring significant and far-reaching benefits to every company or organisation.
The M_o_R® certification scheme offers two levels of certification, Foundation and Practitioner. It provides a formal qualification in Risk Management that is globally recognised.
This course & Certification is suitable for any organization or individual seeing the need for guidance on a controlled approach to identification, assessment and control risk at strategic, programme, project and operational perspectives.
The Foundation certification is aimed at: Business Change Managers, Programme and Project Managers, Risk Managers, Business and Programme and Project Support staff and managers, Operational staff and managers, Staff and managers from other disciplines, particularly those responsible for establishing standards and/or integrating them with MoP® portfolio management, MSP® programme management and PRINCE2® project management. Or anyone who needs to make important decisions which involves a degree of risk.
The Practitioner Certification is aimed at anyone working within a corporate governance environment that has responsibilities for identifying, assessing, planning, or managing risks, or reporting on risk management activities across the organization.
M_o_R® is an internationally recognised methodology to assist you put in place effective frameworks for making informed decisions about risk. It is used by the Office of Government Commerce (UK) as the best practice in risk management. It is a robust yet adaptable framework that allows organisations to assess risk accurately. It is fully accredited by Axelos / Peoplecert and those who successfully pass the exam will receive the internationally recognised qualification. The exam is not compulsory.
This course will compromise of several key topics:
- M_o_R principles, terminology and methods.
- M_o_R® framework, tools and techniques.
- Business continuity management.
- Security, programme/project risk management and operational service management.
- Risk process lifecycle
- These topics are placed in the context of an organisational framework for the management of risk.
- Overview of Corporate Governance and the Management of Risk.
- Improved basis for effective strategy formation
- Reduced time spent fire-fighting and fewer unwelcome surprises
- Increased likelihood of successful change initiative outcomes
- Closer internal focus on doing the right things properly
- Increase in efficient use of resources waste and fraud
- Better management of contingency resources
What you will learn
On completion of the course delegates will have:
- Defined the key principles underpinning the effective Management of Risk
- Applied the main components of the Risk Management process
- Recognised how to manage risks at the Strategic, Programme, Project and Operational level
- Identified a range of techniques that can be used to support the Management of Risk process
- Prepared for and taken the M_o_R® Foundation & Practitioner Examination