Being able to deal with difficult conversations effectively is an essential skill in the workplace. This workshop provides participants with the tools and approaches for maintaining great working relationships, minimising conflict and dealing with difficult conversations, recognising that disagreements and poor performance don’t just disappear when they are ignored. The workshop deals with concerns people have about difficult conversations, explores individual challenges and provides the tools and attitudes for being effective in this area.
The group explore behaviours and principles that build credibility, trust and integrity. Though doing so they will begin to feel empowered to tackle difficult conversations in a level headed, timely and appropriate manner.
What you will learn
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Clarify what is meant by, and what makes a difficult conversation
- Learn how lack of integrity leads to difficult conversations
- Understand how to build trust and recognise trust eroding behaviours
- Practice skills for effective communication i.e. listening, interpretation and acknowledgement
- Recognise the urgency and importance of having difficult conversations
- Understand how emotional intelligence can prevent conversations becoming difficult
- Recognise personal values whilst respecting the values of others
- Explore a variety of methods for giving and receiving feedback
- Understand and deal with reactions to feedback
- Create a personal action plan for handling conversations more effectively.