Group Size: Maximum 8 learners
Who should attend:
All persons who will be required by their employer to undertake the MLC technique as an advance warning vehicle driver on motorways and/or dual carriageways.
All learners MUST either hold a valid NHSS 12 TTMBC qualification or a valid NHSS12 qualification.
What you will learn
To provide learners with the necessary knowledge to assist them in becoming a competent member of an MLC team.
On completion of the session learners will:
- Understand the principles of Sector schemes, general health and safety at work, risk assessments and method statements associated with the mobile traffic management industry
- Reference documentation relevant to the mobile lane closure technique.
- Training and assessment requirements for mobile lane closure personnel.
- Vehicle and Equipment specification
- Communications roles and responsibilities
- Mobile lane closure principles and practical techniques
- The types of work that require full mobile lane closure techniques and the limitations