This course provides Spirometry training and assessment for Occupational Health Professionals seeking knowledge that will allow them to carry out Spirometry screening in a competent and effective manner. It is designed to meet the requirements as laid down in the H.S.E. document MS25.
There are 14 points for the 2 day Spirometry at Work course.
What you will learn
Aims of the Spirometry at Work Course
- To provide the delegate with the knowledge to carry out lung function screening and evaluate the results.
- To introduce the delegate to the principles of prevention/early detection of Occupational Lung Disease.
On completion of the Spirometry course the delegate will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system.
- Be knowledgeable about the effects of irritants and sensitisers on the human body and the respiratory system in particular.
- Be proficient in carrying out lung function screening tests.
- Demonstrate proficiency in interpretation of results.
- Know when to refer to a Doctor.
- Describe the measures required to implement the COSHH Regulations in relation to Occupational Lung Disease.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the actions required to reduce the risk of Occupational Lung Disease to the lowest level reasonably practicable.
- Understand the principles of good record keeping.
Venue and mode of Delivery
- Spirometry Training courses are held in Bathgate, Manchester (dates to be arranged) and Belfast.
- Duration is 2 full days.
- A practical and written assessment will take place on day 2 and delegates will receive a certificate of competence on successful completion of assessment.