The modern business world is now heavily reliant on IT systems and infrastructure to support its business critical activities. Businesses also operate in a connected world where they and their employees make use of email, social networking and cloud computing. All this leads to additional risks to the business, some of which is not customarily covered by existing insurance arrangements.
This course looks at the cyber risk limitations and exclusions for typical and traditional corporate insurance cover and the specialist cyber insurance solutions currently available.
What you will learn
- identify which types of customer could benefit from insurance against cyber risks
- consider why businesses do not buy cyber policies
- describe the extent of cover provided by conventional insurance policies against cyber risks
- describe the policy cover, conditions and exclusions of specialist cyber risks insurance policies in the UK
- outline the major risk, underwriting and rating considerations of cyber risks insurance
- outline the main considerations when dealing with cyber risks insurance claims