This (QCF) Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work course is delivered by Simpleducks in Ealing West London and regulated by Ofqual. A fully comprehensive qualification based on the HSE training standard for delivery of this Three Day First Aid at Work training course for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981. This first aid training course is suitable for all types of workplaces, in particular those that present a high-risk working environment. This course can also be delivered at your premises, call Simpleducks for a quote on 02089988825.
What you will learn
This first aid course is delivered on a weekly basis in Ealing West London for anyone who wishes to become a fully qualified first aider at work, or where an employer’s first aid needs assessment has identified the need for a qualified first aider in the workplace.
First Aid at Work - 3 day course that complies with the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Approved Code of Practice L74 guidelines for the qualification of workplace First Aiders.
This 3 day course includes course materials, expert tutoring and practical exercises to give learners in-depth training in the following information and treatments:
- Principles of first aid
- Prevention of cross-infection
- Basic life support (CPR)
- Breathing management
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Assessing and treating wounds & bleeds
- Treating anaphylaxis
- Treating shock or sudden poisoning
- Treating burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Treating common major and minor illnesses
- Managing asthma attacks and choking
- Fractures, dislocations and head injuries
- Managing epilepsy and diabetes
- Record keeping and equipment use
- Legal aspects and secondary surveys
Upon successful completion of the multiple-choice question paper and practical exercises, each learner will receive an Ofqual approved and nationally recognised First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for 3 years.