Who should attend?
Anyone who has used Word before to create and alter simple documents.
Delegates must be confident in using a keyboard and a mouse. Additionally you must have used Word before and be familiar with entering text, basic text formatting, cut/copy and paste and simple page layout.
By the end of the course, you will be confident in going beyond the basic features of Word to improve text and page layout of your documents and create personalised mailings to groups of people.
What you will learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Use keyboard shortcuts to improve your speed with certain tasks
- Automatically put ‘standard’ text into your documents with one press of the keyboard and correct your most regular typing errors
- Alter the position and layout of your text
- Create a list with automatic numbers on more than one level, for example 1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2, 2.1, 2.2 etc
- Lay text out in columns with borders and using shading
- Create personalised mailings and labels to groups of people using names and addresses