The amount, speed and impact of change has accelerated significantly and all indicators point to more change in the future. Organizations are expected to innovate and become creative in the pursuit of business objectives, the management of risks and the implementation of appropriate controls that increase the likelihood of success in the short and longer terms. Internal auditors must understand the dynamics driving these changes, how innovation is being used in modern organizations, and how it affects the efforts to provide reasonable assurance to the board of directors, management and other stakeholders. Internal audit must not only understand change and innovation, but must embrace, adopt, thrive with it and promote it. This course will teach you where and how innovation can work in your organization’s favour so value is protected and enhanced while risks are appropriately managed.
Why attend this course?
- Explore ways to use innovation in the planning, fieldwork and reporting phases of internal audits
- Learn how to improve the internal audit methodology
- Discover ways to be more responsive to your clients’ needs
- Adapt effectively to an ever-changing risk and controls environment
- Understand management’s actions and how innovation impacts your organization’s programs, processes, products and services
- Build stronger relationships with the board and management by demonstrating resilience, adaptability and forward-thinking