To introduce participants to the complex issues involved in management and leadership, building a foundation of skills necessary for successfully leading a team at any level. Key development areas include: effective delegation, setting expectations, developing respect as the leader, motivation, understanding & developing individuals and teams, handling difficult conversations, giving and receiving feedback, performance management and coaching.
With the introduction of the PRISM® profiling tool, participants learn about their behavioural preferences which in turn helps them understand and engage with their own team members and thus motivate and communicate with them effectively.
Every participant leaves with a practical skills base and a specific action plan in relation to their own team. Each person will receive two one hour 1:1 post course coaching sessions. Through this process the trainer will support the participants in applying their new skills. On completion each participant will receive an endorsement certificate from the ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management).
What you will learn
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify their responsibilities as managers
- Set expectations in relation to behaviours and results
- Understand how individuals and teams develop
- Handle ‘difficult’ situations, minimising the need for disciplinary action
- Recognise and apply a range of people management styles
- Understand S.M.A.R.T goal setting
- Design individual strategies for motivation
- Give effective feedback