This five-day level 3 course covers the requirements of BS 7671 for inspection, testing and certification and is designed to prepare candidates for both the online and practical examinations. This qualification is suitable for candidates wishing to carry out initial verification and periodic inspections of electrical installations.
Candidates gain the skills and knowledge necessary to perform initial inspection and testing procedures by practicing on purpose-built training rigs which simulate electrical installations. Faults are introduced for identifying and classification. Instruction is given to allow candidates to become proficient at completing electrical installation certificates and electrical installation condition reports.
What you will learn
• Requirements of 18th Edition Wiring Regulations for inspection, testing and certification
• Earth fault loop revision
• Inspection & Initial Verification
• Inspection & Periodic Verification
• Compliance with relevant legislation
• Determine suitability of installations
• Testing procedures
• Use of test instruments
• Test result verification
• Certification/Condition report
• Fault finding
• Severity classification