The course covers everything necessary for candidates to obtain the City & Guilds 2377-22 qualification (2-day course). Certification is awarded to successful candidates. The course includes both theoretical and practical elements.
If you do not have any previous electrical knowledge, we would strongly suggest you take out Introduction to PAT 1-day course.
What you will learn
The statutory and non-statutory requirements relevant to electrical equipment maintenance.
Revision of the electrical units of measurement associated with in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment (Ohms, Watts, Hertz, Amps and Volts)
Equipment construction and how the risk of electric shock is mitigated.
Safe procedures for the in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
How to carry out combined inspection and testing.
Completing the documentation for in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
Practical aspects of inspecting and testing items of electrical equipment.
Practical Training on
• The identification of appliances
• Inspection and testing appliances
• Completing appropriate paperwork
• 50 minutes practical examination where you will be expected to carry out a visual and combined inspection and test of appliances and complete the relevant documentation.
• 1 hour 45-minute multiple choice, open book, examination with instant results