- HR managers / executives / officers / assistants / practitioners employed within the recruitment and selection function of their organisation.
- Line managers directly responsible for recruitment and selection within their team / department.Recruitment agents operating as independent external service providers.
- HR practitioners who are relatively new to the employee relations specialism, or those with an HR generalist remit.
What you will learn
- Identify the main stages in the recruitment and selection process.
- Build a meaningful and realistic profile for a job role.
- Attract good-quality applicants by the most objective, cost-effective and swift means possible.
- Implement a sophisticated selection process.
- Utilise a well-planned and systematic approach to induction.
- Realise the difference between industrial relations and employee relations.
- Understand the employment relationship and psychological contract.
- Appreciate the part played by involvement and participation in employee and company performance.
- Identify the basis of conflict within the organisation, and its role in innovation.
- Review the need for and the actual mechanism of discipline and grievance procedures.
- Be aware of how collective bargaining and negotiation work.
- Recognise and address the challenges faced by companies preparing to assess the employment relationship.