Performance reviews are one of the most challenging responsibilities that successful managers and leaders face. Used effectively, the review and appraisal process can help the manager qualify and quantify the work their staff can achieve, identify the training and development they require and motivate them to reach the agreed targets.
This course demonstrates some of the most effective methods of achieving greater levels of performance and more demanding targets from your staff.
What you will learn
By the end of this course each delegate will be able to:
- Conduct structured and participative appraisal interviews to develop your staff
- Understand how to deal with 'problem' staff
- Provide constructive and developmental feedback
- Develop a framework for providing each member of staff with a training and development plan
- Set effective targets/objectives
- Develop your skills to enable more effective reviews