This programme will provide delegates with knowledge of the requirements and principles of ISO 14001 and Eco-Management and Audit Regulation (EMAR), providing the skills to competently perform internal EMS audits.
What you will learn
Through the use of practical workshops, interactive tutorials and case studies delegates will be able to:
- Interpret the requirements and principles of ISO 14001 and other EMS standards and codes of practice.
- Plan and prepare for an internal audit with an understanding of auditing processes and documentation.
- Identify environmental aspects and determine audit priorities.
- Create appropriate audit checklists and improve auditor skills and interviewing techniques.
- Produce professional audit reports and justify cases for corrective action and improvement.
- Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics, include assessment of environmental aspects and impacts, audit planning, nonconformity writing, conducting audit interviews, and reporting results back to Senior Management.
- Evening work groups prepare responses to case study situations.