The business world is becoming increasingly pressured so it is important that your training is as efficient and effective as possible. This two-day course will help you recognise and understand how to tailor your training to meet both learner and business needs. It will ensure that you are using best practice in line with the Learning and Performance Institute’s new Trainer Performance and Monitoring Assessment (TPMA) certification criteria.
What you will learn
The first day will be a refresher and will ensure that you meet and understand the new TPMA criteria and the changes to the scoring methodology. After the course, you will be able to:
- Identify your default communication style and learn how to maximise your approachability and credibility to get the best out of your learners.
- Design a training session to boost people’s long-term recall of what they have learnt.
- Ensure your Socratic questions are in line with the new TPMA criteria and understand the power of deeper thinking questions.
- Tailor the course objectives to meet individual and business needs.
- Design learning that ensures value for money and recognises time pressures on the business.
- Understand the new TPMA criteria and changes to the scoring methodology.
- The assessment
The second day of the course is your assessment day. You are required to deliver a 30-minute training session, and you will receive immediate feedback and 1-to-1 coaching. You will find out your grade on the day and will receive a report with a detailed action plan following the event. The 30-minute session must include a lesson plan with introductions and objectives, a learning section, recap and exercise. As the training will be delivered to fellow training participants, please select a topic that does not require any special previous knowledge. We will have Office 2010 and 2016 available as well as full access to the internet. If you require any special or particular software for your training session, please let us know in advance to check if this is possible.
Why choose Happy? Happy was the first Authorised Qualification & Assessment Centre (AQAC) for the new standard, and we are the only company in the UK to have achieved the LPI’s prestigious Gold Standard for 19 successive years. Not only this but we offer a full guarantee – if you don’t believe that your training has been useful, you don’t have to pay us a penny.