The course follows the Level 3 RQF syllabus (SCQF Level 6 in Scotland) and you will receive a TQUK / Green Cross Training RQF certificate valid for 3 years.
What you will learn
- Identify the role and responsibilities of a First Aider.
- Describe how to minimise the risk of infection to self and others.
- Identify the need for establishing consent to provide First Aid.
- Complete an accident report form.
- Identify the First Aid equipment that should be available in a workplace.
- Describe the safe use of First Aid equipment.
- Conduct a scene survey.
- Conduct a primary survey of a casualty.
- Give examples of when to call for help.
- Assess a casualty’s level of consciousness.
- Open a casualty’s airway and check breathing.
- Explain why it is important to place an unconscious casualty into the recovery position.
- Place an unresponsive casualty in the recovery position.
- Manage a casualty who is in seizure.
- Recognise the need to commence Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation.
- Demonstrate Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation using a manikin.
- Describe how to identify a casualty with a:
- Partially blocked airway
- Completely blocked airway
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is choking
- Identify the types of external bleeding.
- Control external bleeding.
- Recognise shock.
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is in shock.
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with small cuts, grazes and bruises.
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with minor burns and scalds.
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with small splinters.
- Green Cross Training
- 1 Day
- Course type:
- Aberdeen, Ayr, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bradford, Brampton, Brighton, Bristol, Bromsgrove, Cambridge, Cardiff, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Coventry, Crawley, Croydon, Darlington, Derby, Doncaster, Dundee, Edinburgh, Enfield, Exeter, Glasgow, Gloucester, Guildford, Halifax, Hamilton, Headcorn, High Wycombe, Hull, Ilford, Ilford, Essex, Inverness, Ipswich, Leeds, Leicester, Lincoln, Liverpool, London, Luton, Maidstone, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Northampton, Norwich, Nottingham, Oldham, Oxford, Peterborough, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Preston, Reading, Romford, Salisbury, Sheffield, Solihull, South Mimms, Southampton, Stoke On Trent, Sunderland, Swansea, Swindon, Telford, Truro, Walsall, Warrington, Watford, Witham, Wolverhampton, Wrexham, York
Green Cross Training
Building 10, Candy Lane
Bothwell Bridge Business Park