The programme is designed to help Managers understand how to apply fair and consistent
disciplinary and grievance processes. The workshop gives Managers an opportunity to
explore how to successfully manage disciplinary and grievance in the workplace.
What you will learn
Day 1: 3.5 hour workshop:
• Analyse the key factors in managing employee relations in a modern
workplace – the big picture. Including COVID
• How to avoid employee relations problems – maximising employee
engagement* – performance management – mediation and conflict
• Risks and mitigations of ER outcomes/decisions
• Managing dismissal within the law – What is ‘fair’ dismissal? What is
‘unfair’ dismissal? Understanding the law on dismissal
• Likely potential if case is taken further; what could happen next?
• Identify the differences between capability and disciplinary procedures.
Day 2: 3.5 hour workshop:
• How to carry out an effective misconduct investigation?
• Understand ACAS G&D principles and apply company processes
• Identify and analyse individual responses to a range of relevant case
• Confidentiality and discretion in managing cases. Awareness of data
subject access request
*Based on The MacLeod Report (and later Dromey) Four Enablers.
• Online Tutor led for up to 8 participants
• 2 x 3.5 hour (half day ) workshop across different days