Oakridge’s Leadership for Women programme was launched at the end of 2013 and evolved from research we conducted following a series of focus groups.
The focus groups, made up of some of the north west’s leading businesswomen and men, have been instrumental in identifying the opportunities, and gaps, within present business structures towards women advancing their career into management and leadership roles.
STRIDE has been developed to equip women to:
- Be the best versions of themselves
- Feel that they can be true to themselves and what they believe in
- Feel able to stay aligned to their values whilst being successful too
- Create a practical plan for navigating the next career progression
- Be a role model and bring others with them
- Not feel they have to emulate men in order to be successful
- Make the most of the intrinsic set of skills they bring
What you will learn
What happens during the six month programme?
- Detailed diagnostics including emotional intelligence personal reflection alongside practical tools and techniques for personal development
- Attendance at three Leadership Development workshops with highly experienced and global facilitators – Cohorts are held in Leeds and Manchester and also online
- Day 1 looks at Managing Myself, Day 2 at Managing Perceptions and Day 3, Managing Business
- 1:1 feedback session and telephone coaching with a STRIDE facilitator between and after the workshops
- Attendance at a series of webinars delivered by a range of STRIDE global speakers
- Membership to the Oakridge STRIDE community for ongoing networking, action learning,collaboration and support
- Invitations to informal STRIDE dinners and networking opportunities
- Be part of the pioneering group to build the awareness programme in support of developing leaders in women through the: STRIDE Women in Leadership group on LinkedIn