The Certificate in Professional Coaching is accredited by the ICF (International Coaching Federation) and was developed to give aspirants all the tools they need to become fully credentialed coaches.
The online version includes: -
• 79 Coach Specific Training Hours (CSTH);
• 10 Coach Mentor Support Hours;
• Practice Sessions and Partner work;
• Business skills to launch your new coaching career;
• Access to our transformational community of coaches;
• Delivered fully online
Delivered over 6 months via 5 online modules, our Virtual Certificate in Professional Coaching continues to create the transformational impact our community of alumni have experienced since 2016. The online sessions, like our in-person courses, are interactive and engaging, and include opportunities for discussion, small group breakouts and coaching practice. The Virtual Certificate in Professional Coaching runs over 6 months via 5 online modules.
Our training is delivered as a mix of facilitation, lectures, demonstrations, pair work and feedback, and practice coaching sessions. We place great emphasis on practicing the skills that are taught in each session so the facilitator can give feedback and assistance in a safe environment. Each student is also paired with a mentor throughout the course, and beyond, to support your development as a coach.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Aspirant coaches - Those who are looking to help others achieve their goals and dreams. The course will equip you with the right tools to do this.
- Coaches yet to be credentialed - You have been working as a coach and want to take it to the next level. Find the right tools to help you develop your craft, enhance your offering and get credentialed.
- HR professionals - Coaching can provide invaluable skills to HR professionals. Go further in your career, resolve challenges, inspire those working in your team, find greater purpose in your role.
- Leaders of teams - Gain clarity for your vision. Strengthen your goals by building a grander vision. Inspire and lead yourself and others to achieve greatness.
- Seekers for a life that has meaning – You’re at a point in life where you’re asking, “Is there more to life than this?” You’ve been climbing a ladder leant against the wrong wall and you’re beginning to recognise this.
What you will learn
The initial module lays the foundations of the North Point Academy transformational approach and philosophy.
Topics include the definition of coaching, the importance of vulnerability in coaching, worldviews and the North Point Meta-Model, which is the basis of all of NPA model.
In this module, students will learn the core skills and principles of coaching and begin applying these skills in practical coaching sessions. By the end of the module, students will have coaching tools to develop deeper, more meaningful relationship for being a positive change for the world.
The content includes the conversational skills of coaching, such as active listening and powerful questioning, as well as introducing students to our Goal Creation Process and The Journey coaching model.
The Traverse Module focuses on the practical skills of taking clients through a set of coaching engagements – the coaching journey - starting with the initial session and finishing with the closing session. Students will also delve into understanding the importance of coaching ethics.
The intention of this module is to deepen the student’s coaching knowledge and practice by exploring values and beliefs and introducing powerful coaching tools to assist us and our clients. These sessions build on the core coaching skills training learned in the previous modules, Coaching Practice Groups and Self-Study that has been completed up to this point.
The final module prepares students to become North Point Academy Coaches. Students will be able to identify potential niches and tools to empower them to become successful NPA Coaches, wherever they choose to coach.
Pro-bono coaching project with a client and submission of a recording for assessment. At this point, students will gain access to the full NPA alumni community.