This course gives learners the knowledge to identify suspected mental health conditions, the skills to start a conversation, the ability to signpost towards professional help and goes into creating a mental health action plan and a positive mental health culture.
We run both open and in-house courses, and are also happy to create bespoke courses to suit your specific needs.
What you will learn
- What is Mental Health?
- Why people develop mental health conditions
- What the role of a mental health first aider is
- Knowing how to provide advice and practical support
- Knowing how to recognise and manage stress
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- Recognising a range of mental health conditions and the support/therapy provided by professional healthcare providers:
- Eating disorders