Group Size: Maximum 8 learners x 1 Instructor.
Who should attend: All persons who will be required by their employer to work on motorways and high speed dual carriageways in the position of Traffic Management Foreman and currently hold the 12ab Operative qualification.
Certification: Lantra 12a Foreman Registration Card.
NB: Learners who score 70-74% will be permitted to re-sit the paper not less than 2 weeks and no more than 8 weeks after the initial test date. Only one re-sit will be permitted. If a learners is again unsuccessful they must re-sit the whole course before taking the test again. Learners scoring less than 70% must re-sit the whole course before re-sitting the end of course test. Refresher training All learners will be expected to refresh their training every 5 years in order to keep this qualification.
What you will learn
On completion the successful learners should:
- Understand the typical responsibilities of a TMF
- Understand the typical role of a TMF
- Be able to plan relaxation closures
- Gain and increased awareness of road works signage
- Be aware of the Chapter 8 requirements for standard works and where relaxations can be applied
- Be aware of industry safe working practices