The course focuses on the legislative requirements for the national and international transportation of lithium batteries by road and sea. It provides delegates with the ability to use and understand the dangerous goods regulations and apply them using practical exercises. It is intended for staff involved in packing, marking and labelling and for those completing documentation. It is also recommended for those involved in a Health & Safety role.
What you will learn
Delegates will be able to:
• Understand the different regulations for International & Domestic modes of transport.
• List the responsibilities of the participants.
• Identify the training requirements for those persons involved.
• Classify lithium batteries in accordance with ADR & IMDG.
• Identify the requirements for Package Design, Testing & Approval.
• Identify the Packing Instructions for lithium batteries.
• Mark & Label lithium battery shipments in accordance with ADR & IMDG.
• Prepare Dangerous Goods Transport Documents for road and sea transport.
• Apply Special Provisions where applicable
• State the procedures for loading and handling