Our Youth Mental Helath First Aid (MHFA) course is an internationally recognised course designed specifically for those people that teach, work, live with or care for young people aged 8 to 18 years.
What you will learn
You will learn how to:
- Provide information, tools and techniques to promote a young person’s mental and emotional wellbeing
- Support a young person who might be experiencing mental and emotional distress.
- MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but you will be able to say you’re a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
You will also cover other topics specific to young people that include child and adolescent development, bullying/cyber bullying, substance misuse and promoting protective factors and good parenting.
In each section you’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem in young people
- Feel confident helping a young person experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm
- Help prevent a mental health illness from getting worse
- Help a young person recover faster
- Guide a young person towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
- Mind Matters Training
- 2 Days
- £200 (ex VAT)
- Course type:
- Kendray Business Centre
Mind Matters Training
Unit 11, Kendray Business Centre