The MISTI Audit Leadership Institute is four high-impact days packed with the strategies, tools and techniques you need to become a truly effective audit leader.To keep up in today’s difficult, regulation-driven and technology-laden business environment, audit leaders are being challenged to rethink the traditional approaches used in the past. In response to this very real need, we have designed the MISTI Audit Leadership Institute to equip you with the critical skills necessary to successfully guide your audit organisation in 2017 and beyond.
In this four-day, fast-track executive development program you will:
- Learn why changing times demand changing roles of today's audit leaders
- Find out what you can do to ensure your department is positioned to add real value in turbulent times
- Gain insights into your leadership style and determine whether it is helping or hurting your efforts
- Cover conflict resolution and negotiation techniques that will foster sustained organizational change
- Discover proven strategies for improving your communication with audit and executive committee members and your audit team
- Examine the role of the audit leader in proactively making and taking difficult decisions
Special features of the MIS Audit leadership Institute
- Limited attendance allows you to participate and interact with other audit leaders and the expert MIS course
- All topics are geared to improving your effectiveness as an audit leader
- Unparalleled networking in sessions, informal discussion groups, receptions and evening activities means you have ample opportunity to expand your personal contacts and connect with your colleagues
- A unique learning approach; including traditional sessions, case studies, team exercises, and peer brainstorming
- You will gain 30 CPEs towards your professional accreditation requirements
Exclusively for Audit Leaders…
Unlike other leadership development programmes, the MISTI Audit Leadership Institute focuses exclusively on the needs of audit executives. This means we have eliminated everything but the topics critical to helping you improve and sustain your performance as a leader and that of the audit department.
The MISTI Audit Leadership Institute is a haven for Chief Audit Executives, and those responsible for directing the internal audit function. It is a place where senior executives can discuss strategic concerns, technical trends, and other issues important to them. Participants walk away with practical techniques and strategies that they can use to hone their leadership skills and develop their teams to meet the challenges triggered by the economy, new legislation, emerging technologies, competition, and organisational change.
Each day you will cover the essentials of effective audit leadership and conquer the complex issues you face every day on the job. This four day event covers the full range of topics relevant to leaders in the audit profession, including; adding value in turbulent times, assessing your leadership style, conflict resolution and negotiation techniques, strategies for communicating with audit and executive committee members, innovative recruiting practices and understanding lean
That’s not all. In the company of your fellow audit leaders, you will learn and develop in an environment that encourages networking and idea-sharing.
Case studies, team exercises and peer brainstorming will accompany traditional sessions to promote the knowledge sharing that is such a valuable part of the learning process.