Part 1: Adding Value in Internal Audit
With pressure on Internal Audit functions to provide more value-added services, a number of new areas are being talked about more and more; ranging from auditing strategic risks, to data analytics and continuous auditing to better root cause analysis and trend analysis. This workshop will equip those attending with the latest good practices on these important new ways of delivering value, with proven practical advice. It will also allow benchmarking and best practice sharing with peers.
Over three days you will:
- Understand what we mean by added value
- Gain practical approaches to get projects and other risks onto the audit plan
- Discover ways of auditing projects and strategic risks
- Coordinate assurance activities to make better use of risk, compliance and other policy
- Report trends effectively to the audit committee
- Benchmark risk maturity and risk culture and understand how to work with this
Part 2: Conflict Management and Negotiating Skills
This workshop will equip those attending to have more confidence about how to interact with stakeholders and managers to deliver assignments that are valued and achieve firm agreement to taking action. It will also allow benchmarking and best practice sharing with peers. The training week is extremely interactive with case studies and real life examples used throughout. Delegates will have the opportunity to network and share experiences with other professionals.
Why attend this course?
- Auditing projects and strategic risks
- Coordinating assurance activities
- Leveraging data analytics and continuous auditing
- Offering more insight through Root Cause Analysis and Trend Analysis
- Working on risk maturity and risk culture
- Getting audits on the audit plan
- Gaining stakeholder buy-in to the focus of an audit
- Managing closing meetings
- Understanding organisational and political constraints
- Overcoming being ignore
The training week is extremely interactive with case studies and real life examples used throughout. Delegates will have the opportunity to network and share experiences with other professionals