The course is specifically designed to provide those either in the first line functions such as sales and relationship management, or in control functions such as audit, compliance, SOX, operations and operational risk with the practical techniques necessary for deterring, detecting and managing financial crime risk.
The course begins with a consideration of the critical elements for establishing an efficient and effective financial crime internal control and governance framework, in accordance with the key themes identified by regulators. It then proceeds with a thorough examination of the specific risks and typologies in respect of Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, Tax Evasion, Sanctions and Bribery & Corruption. In each case, there is a thorough examination of the specific techniques necessary for managing the risk.
Why attend this course?
- Gain an enhanced awareness of money laundering, terrorist financing, tax evasion, sanctions and bribery & corruption risk
- Understand the legal, regulatory and governance frameworks within which financial crime risks must be managed
- Deter and detect financial crime through CDD (Customer Due Diligence) KYC (Know your Customer) and understand the difference
- Adopt a risk-based approach to manage financial crime risks
- Establish a strong policy framework for managing financial crime risk
The course is in workshop form. It is designed to be eminently practical, interactive and rich with real-life case studies, complemented by classroom instruction led by an expert trainer who has had extensive experience in delivering financial crime training for major global banks in Asia, the US, Latin America, Europe, Africa the Middle East and throughout the UK.