This 5-day course is designed for financial, operational and business auditors who need to update their technical and operational knowledge to audit information technologies and automated business systems. It is also ideal for those who are new to IT Auditing who do not have an background in IT.
You will explore auditing standards, including Sarbanes-Oxley and PCAOB. You will discuss the controls required when auditing currently installed systems, new systems under development, and the various activities within the information technology department. In addition, you will learn techniques for auditing automated systems. You will then turn your attention to auditing the management of application transaction activity, controls, and procedures. You will master techniques that can be applied to mainframe, distributed processing, and client/server-based applications. You will gain field-tested tools for identifying, recording, assessing, and evaluating application controls and procedures. You will leave this high-impact seminar with testing techniques, and audit findings.
Why attend this course?
- Identify the business risks in automated environments and how to mitigate them
- Develop knowledge of infrastructure essentials including hardware and operating systems
- Explore security, operational, management, application and systems software controls
- Learn about databases, distributed systems, networks, the internet and e-commerce
- Discover auditing standards including Sarbanes-Oxley and PCAOB