IT risks are increasingly recognized as critical factors in enterprise risk management. From preventing failures in regulatory compliance to helping avoid devastating harm to the reputation of the organization from headline-making security breaches, auditors have an obligation as well as value-adding opportunities to assess enterprise vulnerabilities through effective risk-based IT audit planning.
Why attend this course?
- Examine the IT general control areas that must be addressed to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets
- Determine risks in critical areas of the IT environment and the key controls that can reduce those enterprise risks
- Explore critical aspects of the IT environment, including IT governance, user access controls IT infrastructure controls, information security, physical security, disaster recovery, production change management and network perimeter security
- Develop strategies for assessing the key controls in your information systems infrastructure
- Identify what auditors and developers can do to facilitate and achieve success
- Offer risk-based awareness of what can go right and what can go wrong with Agile and Scrum development
- Provide key risk-based “triggers” to heighten awareness of how to review, manage, and audit these “moving targets”
- Discover a unique tool that will set you on a path of contributing without distracting
- Remove the complication in auditing Agile and Scrum development projects