This course will show you how to identify, assess risk, and rank critical business processes in a revolutionary manner that will dramatically shorten the audit engagement time commitment while enhancing process knowledge. You will be introduced to Process Flow Auditing (PFA) techniques to analyse and breakdown business processes into their critical components and to identify risks costs and related internal controls. You will learn to concentrate on root causes and how to work in partnership with operations personnel to arrive at business focused solutions for maximum operational effectiveness.
The course will concentrate on operational auditing and its interaction with IT auditing to arrive at an integrated audit approach to minimize undesirable impacts and maximize your understanding of the business. You will be introduced to the critical role of data analysis in process reviews and risk analysis, determining how to apply business-oriented risk assessment techniques to key organizational processes. The course will provide you with the audit tools and techniques to make your engagements highly effective, productive and really value added. You will also be introduced to a highly effective reporting format that minimizes audit time and maximizes impact with the Board and Senior Executives.
What you will learn
- Discover ORCA™ - a business audit approach set to revolutionise the auditing landscape
- Understand the basics of business structure analysis
- Apply process auditing to the key operational areas of your organisation
- Identify, assess risk and rank critical business processes effectively and efficiently
- Develop an integrated approach for operational auditing and IT auditing