How you hold your knife and fork, where you place your napkin, how you sit – the way we eat reveals a lot about us. But it’s not just about observing the rules. Table manners are about more than simple customs. Whether you are eating in a fancy restaurant or at home with friends and family, good table manners are a courtesy and will make dining a more pleasant experience.
This course teaches you not only how to be an excellent host but how to be the perfect guest and covers all elements of social dining from the invitation all the way through to the thank you note. By the end of the course you will feel confident about circulating at drinks parties, introducing guests to one another and dealing with seating plans, toasts and speeches.
What you will learn
- Do’s and don’ts
- The perfect host
- Seating, table settings and planning
- Correct eating & dining etiquette
- Social etiquette and manners
- Deportment, posture and poise
- Ambiance and entertaining at home
- Invitations, RSVPs and thank you cards