- HR managers and executives
- Top management and line managers who wish to understand performance management in a strategic sense that enables the goals of individuals and teams to be aligned to the strategic goals of the organisation.
- HR business partners and advisors
- HR professionals and practitioners
- Senior officers and assistants employed within the HR function of their organisation who wish to deploy performance management as a systematic and continuous process for improving organisational performance by developing the performance of individuals and teams.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The elements of a performance management system but also the limitation of this model and the reality of performance management – the problems of making it work and the requirements for success.
- The processes and skills used in setting goals, providing feedback, conducting performance reviews, assessing performance, coaching and dealing with under-performers.
- How performance management can be applied to manage organisational and team performance and how it supports several key HR activities.
- The impact of performance management and how some organisations have modelled their performance management systems.
- How performance management should be developed and managed and the role of line managers upon whom the effectiveness of performance management largely depends.