Root Cause Analysis is a process to determine what happened, how it happened, and why it happened. Based on the causes of the event, corrective actions can be identified and implemented to prevent reoccurrence.
What you will learn
• Define Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and identify the key principles in applying RCA in practice
• Examine how incidents happen within their work environment
• Describe the 5 phases of the process and the function of the RCA tools
• Apply RCA tools to specifically identify Care and Service Delivery Problems, Contributory Factors and Root Causes
• Generate recommendations which contribute to improving the quality of the service and a reduction in incidents and complaints through the use of RCA techniques
• Integrate RCA within the organisation’s processes